Importance of Sleep
The #1 Thing that could be derailing your weight loss is Lack of Sleep!
Even if you’re eating a healthy diet, not getting sufficient sleep could derail your best efforts to become lean and healthy. We live in an over caffeinated, sleep-deprived nation where statistics show that as many as 70% of the population have trouble sleeping with up to 40% getting less than 6 hours of sleep per night.
Sleep deprivation wreaks havoc on your hormones, increasing the hunger hormone ghrelin, decreasing the hormone leptin which tells the body to stop eating when you are full and increasing the stress hormone cortisol. The result of these out-of-whack hormones is that you wake up sleep-deprived, hungry and cranky so you drive to your favorite coffee shop for a dark roast and sugary treat hoping to feel better. “Wired and tired” is a term used to describe this vicious cycle of hunger, cravings, and more sleep deprivation.
Here are some tips to help you get a better sleep:
- Keep sleep times consistent by going to bed and waking up at the same time every day.
- Cut out “sleep hijackers” like caffeine and alcohol especially before bedtime.
- Create a calming bedtime ritual to unwind and prepare your body for sleep.
- Make your bedroom a sleep-conducive environment, dark, noise-free and comfortable.
- Stop eating 3 hours before bed so that your body has sufficient time to break down food so it does not get stored as fat.
Getting enough sleep is a priority for effective weight loss.
Here are different tips of weight loss with Slimroast Coffee.